I'm one of these medical mystery types. Described as "a complicated case" in case I hadn't noticed over the past three and a half years, I think we're finally getting somewhere. This is my diary of living with the illness and disabilities, without knowing what I'm fighting.

Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas

As it is half past midnight, merry christmas one and all! My mother is in her bedroom doing "things" which me and my sister are not allowed to see, and I'm looking forward to the festivities of tomorrow/later even though I'm feeling less than festive.

I'm no scrooge, I love christmas. I reckon its just because its crept up on me so fast, because I've been so preoccupied with school and hospitals that it suddenly came, and "oh! It's christmas eve!"

I've somehow managed to prepare, and have bought all my gifts, but the logistics of the whole thing concerns me slightly, as I am still quite unwell. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, but its just things like, I can't walk as far, and probably can't eat as much, or veg out on the sofa without moving for too long.

I've been so ill for the majority of this year, that it seems strange to think that this is the first christmas I'm having while being ill. I've had christmas in pain before, but never actually very sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment